Sometimes it can be easy to find a leak in your home. If your faucet is dripping or you have moisture under the sink, chances are that you have a leak. But what if your leak is caused by a broken pipe? Broken pipes can be much harder to detect and, unfortunately, can be more damaging to your home than a dripping sink. The more you know about a broken pipe leak, and what to do if you suspect one, the easier it will be to protect your home from serious damage.
There are a few signs that point to a broken pipe leak in your home. Knowing these signs can help you identify a potential leak before serious damage occurs. That means you can get the leak repaired early so it’s not so serious to your home. These are some signs that could mean you have a broken pipe somewhere in your home. If you see these signs, it may be beneficial to reach out to an expert for help.
(1) Changes in water pressure in your home, which indicate that the water from the pipes is not getting all the way to the faucet as it should be
(2) Watermarks on the ceiling or wall, which indicates there is moisture behind the wall (or in the ceiling) from the pipes routing throughout the home
(3) Discoloration or odors from the faucet, which means your pipes may have rust or other damage that can cause a leak
(4) Increased water bills indicate that water is being used, even if you are not using water from your faucets
There are three phases in dealing with a broken pipe leak in your home: diagnose, locate, and solve. Knowing what is involved in each phase can help you understand how experts can address your problem.
The first step in the process is to determine if you actually have a broken pipe leak. The expert will use the information you provide, such as your increased water bill, as well as observations, such as low water pressure, to determine whether there is a broken pipe leaking in your home.
Once an expert determines there is a broken pipe leaking, the expert will locate where the broken pipe is located. This can be a hard thing to do, especially if the broken pipe is under your foundation. But the problem has to be located so it can be fixed.
After locating the broken pipe, our expert water leak repair team will come up with a plan to solve the problem. The seriousness of the plan will depend on the location of the broken pipe and how serious the leak is. Our all-in-one solution will save you time and money by also repairing the surrounding area of the leak. We will leave the leak problem area looking good as new!
Depending on where the broken pipe is located and how serious it is, there may not be much you can do before an expert arrives. However, there are a few things that will make the assessment go more smoothly so the broken pipe can be repaired more quickly.
– Make sure the area is accessible for the expert to examine the broken pipe and the surrounding area
– Make sure your water shut-off is accessible for when the expert needs to turn off the water to your home to examine your pipes
– Make sure you can answer questions about the problem (when you first noticed it, if it’s gotten worse over time if you tried to repair the problem on your own) so the expert has all the knowledge needed to help you
If you think you may have a broken pipe in your home, don’t wait until you’re sure to call in an expert! We pride ourselves in being an all-in-one solution. There are many water leak detection companies in Phoenix that will come in and find your leak, but not all leak detectors will actually finish the job by repairing the surrounding leak area. That’s where we come in. Call Leak Science today and start the process so you can protect your home and swimming pool from water damage.