We understand how frustrating and stressful it can be to deal with leaks on your own, especially if you don’t know where they’re coming from! Some leaks are tricky to spot because they hide deep within plumbing systems. On the other hand, some of the more obnoxious leaks can spring up suddenly right in front of you! No matter what kind of leak you’re dealing with, our team has the tools, knowledge, and experience to quickly find and repair it. Leak Science specializes in Glendale leak detection for homes and pools, and we have over 15 years of experience finding and fixing leaks of all sizes.
Think you have a leak? Don’t panic—you’re not alone. Call us at 480-794-0959 or contact us online to schedule your Glendale leak detection appointment today.
There’s a lot to keep track of in your home, so it’s not unusual for leaks to go unnoticed. Appliances, plumbing, faucets, and more can spring leaks at a moment’s notice. That’s why it’s so important to keep an eye on your appliances to catch signs of leaks early. In the event that you need an emergency leak repair, you’ll want a qualified team on your side to help out. Leak Science has over 15 years of experience with Glendale leak detection for homes. No leak is too big (or small!) for our team to handle.
If you own a pool, you know how much work goes into maintaining it. And because pools have complicated plumbing systems, there are a variety of places that can be susceptible to leaks. At Leak Science, we specialize in Glendale leak detection for pools. We are also one of the only leak detection companies that offers full pool restoration. This means that if we have to dig into the pool deck or concrete, we will repair and restore your pool to its original condition. No need to hire an additional contractor after we’re gone!
If you have experience dealing with leaks, you know that they can be tricky to spot. Some leaks are small and develop slowly over time, leaving you wondering where in the maze of plumbing that leak is. On the other hand, some leaks are obvious, which can be equally as stressful. That’s why it’s important to keep a close eye on your faucets, showers, appliances, and more. The sooner you spot a leak and get it repaired, the better off things will be. After all, leaks left untreated for too long will cause even more damage in the future.
So whether you have experience dealing with leaks or not, it’s important to know what to look for if you suspect you have a leak. Here are a few signs you may need Glendale leak detection for your home or pool.
• Dripping faucets or showerheads. This is one of the clearest signs of a leak. If you notice your faucets or showerheads dripping even after you’ve turned them off, you’ve got a leak on your hands. In most cases, tightening the fixture should do the trick. If that doesn’t work, you can try replacing the fixture altogether. And if you still find water dripping, the leak might be occurring deeper within your plumbing. That’s when you need to call a professional for Glendale leak detection.
• Standing water. Check your home appliances (including your toilet and bathtub) for standing water. Even if you don’t see any water directly below the appliance, be sure to check behind it as well. Sometimes, these leaks can be fixed by tightening the pipes and hoses that connect your appliances. But if the water continues pooling, you might need the help of a professional.
• Growth of mold and mildew. Don’t be too concerned right away if you see mold or mildew in your bathroom. Mold and mildew prefer warm, humid environments, which is why you often see them growing in the bathroom. Try cleaning out your bathroom and making sure the room has proper ventilation first. If mold continues to grow even after that, it may be a sign that you have a leak in your plumbing system.
• Water damage on the floor. Check the floors around your shower and bathtub. Are the cauk seals damaged? Is your floor wet or warping? If so, this may be a sign of a leak.
• Stains on walls and ceilings. Water stains on walls and ceilings are a surefire indicator of a leak. These stains take a long time to develop, so unfortunately this means your leak has been around for a while. If you see water stains on walls or ceilings, call a Glendale leak detection company right away.
• Low or inconsistent water pressure. There are a couple of reasons why you might have low or inconsistent water pressure. Sometimes this is simply the result of a clog in your shower or bathtub. But other times, it may have to do with a leak in your water heater or plumbing system. If unclogging the showerheads and faucets doesn’t work, you may have a leak on your hands.
• Cracks in the pool. Cracks in your pool may not always be an immediate cause for concern. Some cracks, especially those that are small, are usually just cosmetic in nature. However, it’s a good idea to patch up cracks soon after spotting them. If left untreated, these cracks will grow in size and may lead to troublesome leaks.
• Low water levels. It is normal to lose some water due to evaporation. However, if your pool is losing more than 2 inches of water on a regular basis, you may have a leak on your hands. There are a couple of ways you can check to see if you have a water leak, including the bucket test and the dye test.
• Growth of algae. Algae grow when the chemical levels in your pool are unbalanced. Your chemical levels are more likely to fluctuate if you find yourself constantly adding water to the pool. Try adjusting the chemicals in your pool and giving the inside a good scrub first. If algae continue growing, you might be losing too much water.
• Cracks in the pool lights. Yes, even your pool lights can spring leaks! Pay close attention to your pool lights. Cracks in the lights may lead to leaks down the road.
• Wet spots in the yard. Wet, mushy spots in the backyard can be problematic if left alone for too long. Wet spots can be a sign that your water lines are leaking or that there is an issue with your pool plumbing. Either way, be sure to address this issue right away.
• Standing water. Check to make sure there is no standing water underneath your pool pump. This is a sure sign that you have a leak! Sometimes the repairs might be simple, but it’s best to call a professional to help fix the problem so you don’t accidentally make it worse.
Related Article: Causes of Swimming Pool Leaks
These days, many homeowners are trying to save money by doing DIY projects around the house. If you’re a pro at home renovations or paint jobs, we say go for it! But when it comes to leaks, you’ll want to let a professional leak detection company handle the job. Leaks can be incredibly hard to locate, especially those that occur deep within your plumbing system or even underground. No amount of DIY skills can help you dig underneath the concrete of your pool deck! That’s where the professionals come in.
Here’s what you can expect when you hire a professional (like Leak Science!) for Glendale leak detection:
At Leak Science, we don’t just stop at Glendale leak detection. We go one step further and repair your troublesome leak. Our team uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology (plus years of combined experience) to locate your leak within hundreds of feet of plumbing. We specialize in pool and home leak detection and repair, so contact us today if you need help with a pesky leak.
The team at Leak Science has been finding and repairing leaks for over 15 years. We pride ourselves on our quality workmanship and strive to find your leak as quickly and accurately as possible. Plus, we are one of the only companies to offer full pool restoration so you don’t have to hire additional contractors. Our repairs will last long after our team has finished the job. Check out some of our finished projects here.
At Leak Science, our customers are our top priority. We know how troublesome it can be to deal with leaks on your own, which is why we are dedicated to finding and repairing your leaks as quickly as possible. If for some reason you aren’t satisfied with our Glendale leak detection and repair services, we’ll come back and make it right. See for yourself what our satisfied clients have to say about their experiences.
Think you have a leak? Our team can help! Contact Leak Science today for quality Glendale leak detection and repair. We’ve got your back, no matter how complicated your leak is.